The intellectual property rights for each submitted project remain the exclusive property of the author(s) of the project.
All rights to Competition entries and submission materials reside with the Competition Organiser and Capital City Property.
Entrants to waive any rights that would otherwise restrict the ability of the Competition Organiser and Capital City Property to use the ideas submitted, but such waiver must be limited to the stated purpose of the Competition.
Capital City Property reserves the right to apply the submitted entries to the design of Capital 21 for an indefinite period of time and without compensation to the Entrant.
Right to Reproduce Entry Materials
The Competition Organiser and Capital City Property have the right to reproduce the winning designs or any entry materials, solely for a purpose that is directly related to the Competition.
Projects will be presented under the names of their author or authors only, as submitted at time of registration.
Accuracy and Copyrights
Information provided in the official entry may appear in any publication of the Competition Organiser and Capital City Property’s choice, including but not limited to the Competition website.
The Competition Organiser and Capital City Property are not responsible for incorrect information provided on entry forms that misrepresent the copyright of original ownership of ideas. All entries are assumed as original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein. The Competition Organiser and Capital City Property are not liable for violations of any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, claims of copyright, trademark, patent infringement, defamation, trade secrets, or trade dress on the part of the entrant.
By entering this Competition, Entrants agree to abide by these rules and warrant and represent that (i) your entry is your original work, (ii) you have sufficient rights to the material you are submitting, (iii) these rights have been legally obtained and created, and (iv) publication of the material via various media will not infringe on any third party rights, including without limitation contractual rights, intellectual property rights, publicity and privacy rights, and rights against libel, defamation, and slander.
All submissions must be written, presented and tendered in English.
All liaisons between Entrants and the Organiser must be conducted in English.
By entering the Competition the Entrants grant the Competition Organiser and Capital City Property and Sponsors a non-exclusive irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish and communicate to the public by any means and exhibit their image(s) and copies of their image(s) in all media throughout the world, including social media and only in only in relation to the Competition for an indefinite period of time.
Through the act of registration, all Entrants declare the following:
1. I/we accept all Competition conditions without reservations, qualifications or exclusions.
2. I/we waive any and all claims against the Competition Organiser and its Partners that may result from the participation in the Design Capital 21 Competition.
3. I/we confirm and warrant that I/we have received any necessary permission from the owner(s) of objects including buildings and people included in the images for the usage rights required by the Competition and will indemnify the Competition against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
At the point of registration, all Entrants acknowledge the following:
1. All rights to Competition entries and submission materials reside with the Competition Organiser and Capital City Property. The use of all submitted materials is at the discretion of the Competition Organiser and Capital City Property and without compensation to the Entrant.
2. All submissions received will be considered public information. The Competition Organiser is not responsible for the protection of intellectual property rights.
3. The Competition Organiser reserves the right to refuse any entry into the Competition and to disqualify a submission on grounds of non-compliance.
4. The Competition Organiser is not liable for lost, misdirected, late or substantially incomplete entries.
5. No official endorsement of Entrant views should be inferred by participation in the Competition.
Entries that fail to meet the mandatory requirements set out in the Competition brief and submission requirements will automatically be disqualified.
An entry will be disqualified if the submitting party directly communicates or influences the jurors in any way.
No Entrant may publish its submission prior to announcement of Competition results on a date to be determined by Competition Organiser. To do otherwise will result in immediate disqualification from the Competition.
All winners will agree to take part in publicity activities about the Competition after the results are announced.
The Organiser reserves the right to not proceed with Design Capital 21 Competition for any reason.
The rules of the Competition and the relationship between the Competition and its entrants shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all parties shall submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.